Anti Covid measures
- Use the hand sanitizer in the common areas
- Use a face mask in the common areas
- Keep the safety distance of at least 1 meter between guests of different groups
- In case of multiple guests, breakfast will be served at different times
- Do not put your backpack and gear on beds and furniture
- All the rooms and common areas will be cleaned and sanitized on a daily basis
- Green pass not mandatory, but suggested
Affittacamere Martelli is located on the SS Cassia (km 204,4) in the little village of Ponte d’Arbia. Its three rooms have been built by the renovation of an old water mill near to the historical bridge of the village. We are right on the via Francigena, just a few steps away from the official path.
Each of our rooms has its own bathroom. We have a double room, a triple room and a quadruple room with a bunk bed. There there is a common room where you can relax on the couch or chat at the kitchen table in front of a coffee or a tea.
We also have a second building, just a few steps away from our historical address. Click on "Via Tre Martiri 29to see our new rooms and find the best solution for you.
Ponte d'Arbia (literally "Bridge on the river Arbia") is a very small town on the via Francigena, but with a strong community and with everything a pilgrim would need. You can have dinner at the restaurant right next to our affittacamere, or buy something at the grocery store a couple of metres away. The earth of our village is definitely the bar at the beginning of the bridge; after your long walking, you should stop there to drink something. If you come in the two weeks between April and May you have to try the "pici" (a local type of pasta) at "Ponte in Festa", a festival that every year gather more and more people. Ponte d'Arbia is also famous because here the Emperor of Luxembourg Henry VII died in 1213, as Dante Alighieri writes in his remarkable Divina Commedia .